Friday, April 4, 2008

I LOVE MY JOB

How cool is this?! I was asked to photograph the upcoming concerts at the McKay Event Center! And not only do I get to photograph the bands during the concerts, but before as well. So all the behind-the-scenes action. These photos are from the first concert I got to shoot. And they are actually the first concert pictures I have ever taken, so go easy on me... It soooo different from everyday shooting. I'm not usually in REALLY dark lighting, getting shoved around by WILD people and GLARED at by young girls that are mad that I'm blocking their view. It was so much fun though and I cannot wait or the next one!

And while I'm on the topic of concerts.......Go to www.weeladies.com to find out why I can't stop smiling today :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)















BTW this concert was at The Circuit, but the rest will be at the event center.

12 comments:

Hill said...

Blah!!!! You jerk!!! just kidding but I am seriously so jealous, my mom will be too when I tell her, she loves John. That is sweet about shooting concerts, what a freakin sweet gig.

Fullmer Family said...

Your job is amazing! And you are so good too! When do i need to book may photos?

jerry said...

sweet photogs

Kara May said...

Fun event!! Love the images you came away with. Yes, being a photog definitely has it's perks ;)

Kat Clark said...

Hayley your photos are so beautiful! I love to look at them and see faces I reconize. You are so talented. As for John Mayer, how exciting! I got to see him once but I was very far away in a sea of people and wearing old jeans. Lucky girl!

Ellery said...

I will be amazed when we are actually sitting down and are THERE! Who is this band BTW?

Hayley Anderson Photography said...

There were a few. Sherwood, Allred, We shot the moon, The higher and Houston calls... The next one is Ben Folds.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Hayley that is one sweet gig you got!!! That wil be so fun!!!! Oh by the way you and ell suck!!!!! Seriously that will be so much fun!!!!

Haley said...

Hayley, these are amazing.. I love them. I'd be scared to do these.. I might have to do some pics with Miley Cyrus and I'm SCARED! Plus, I love Ben Folds a lot.. jealous!

Brooke said...

these are way cool ! the lights on the last one...oh my so awesome. I just took some fun band shots of a fine frenzy but the lights where nothing like yours! bravo

Tavis Johnson said...

Thats so awesome!! The pictures are sweet too! Tavis was seriously talking about how cool it would be to shoot concerts before. Lucky! -leslie

Jess said...

Hello,
Found your blog link from Robyn Bullock (we went to high school together) Anyways I just had to chime in on thses awesome photos and tell that I love the perspectives