Saturday, June 12, 2010

One year ago today...
I woke up to sunshine after two weeks of rain.
I was pampered and primped and dressed in white.
I was filled with butterflies and spilling over with excitement.
I was grateful for where I came from and where I was going.
I looked at my best friend - and in the blink of an eye - he became my husband.
I saw smiling faces and heard cheers and applaud.
I opened a small box to the surprise of beautiful Monarch butterflies.
I ate cotton candy and enjoyed the company of close family and friends.
I sang a song to my new husband and one to my wonderful dad.
I tried to soak it all in and remember every detail.
I cut and ate delicious lemon cake with raspberry filling.
I never got around to tossing my bouquet, which was okay with me.
I felt tiny raindrops that came at just the right moment.
I held his hand as we ran through bubbles and cheers of congratulations to our getaway car.
I waved goodbye through the rain covered window and laughed at the kids chasing after us.
I drove away with him feeling blessed and loved and pure awe for what had just taken place.

One year ago today...
I experienced a perfect day.

9 comments:

Hill said...

Happy anniversary. Pretty lame that your husband is across the country for it.

Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary! It's amazing how quickly time passes.

Ellery said...

it WAS a PERFECT day...and reading your post didn't make me all teary. ;)

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary!

Chelsey said...

So cute. Happy 1st!

for you, love me said...

First years the easiest...haha. Happy Anniversary Hay. You had such a beautiful wedding!

Kat Clark said...

I remember that day! I wasn't there but the photos were so magical and your smiles were so beautiful that I felt like I was there!

Kat Clark said...

Happy Anniversary btw. Sorry, that was important and I forgot it.

shannon said...

I love to cry first thing in the morning! Thank YOU for that special day!!!